Christmas 2014, information, menu's and activities for 2015 coming soon!
The Sunshine Mountain Lodge at Sunshine Village Ski and Snowboard Resort sets the stage for a memorable holiday season.
From cozy, slopeside stays at Banff’s only ski-in, ski-out hotel, to experiencing world class skiing in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, Sunshine’s pristine champagne powder runs set the stage for a memorable winter holiday.
A variety of on mountain festive events and indulgences are available for the entire family and include:
- Toboganning: Ride down our specially constructed toboggan run on traditional maple wood sleds. This après ski family activity is available to Sunshine Mountain Lodge guests, snow dependant.
- Santa at Sunshine Village: December 20th, 21st & 25th. Come get your photo taken with St. Nick, main lobby of the Sunshine Mountain Lodge between 12:00-1:00pm. Ski with Santa Strawberry Chair 1:30-3:00pm
- Gingerbread House Building: December 24th , guests staying at the Sunshine Mountain Lodge will enjoy this family-time activity and create your very own gingerbread house
- Live Entertainment: Enjoy live music in the Chimney Corner Lounge. Andrea Petrity, December 20th & 21st, Stephen Strain (Flamenco Elegante) December 22nd & 23rd, December 27th, 28th, 29th & 30th. Brandon Oberhamer December 24th, 25th & 26th. Shane Phillip December 31st
- Torchlight Parade: On Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve guests of the Sunshine Mountain Lodge are in for a treat as Sunshine Village torchbearers illuminate the night sky as they ski down the Strawberry face with bright torches. Event begins at 7:00 p.m.
- Snow Shoe Treasure Hunt: Have fun with the family and explore the surroundings while you collecting Sunshine treasures
- Christmas Menu: Enjoy a special Christmas menu by Executive Chef, Martin Brenner at the Sunshine Mountain Lodge December 20th - 25th
- Ring in the New Year: Join musician Shane Philip as he helps ring in the New Year with his powerful folk, reggae and blues-influenced music at the Chimney Corner Lounge and Wine Bar in the Sunshine Mountain Lodge.
- New Year's Eve Dinner: A delectable four-course New Year’s Eve menu will be available to guests of the Sunshine Mountain Lodge during two seating’s.
New Years Eve Menu
- Snowshoe Tour of the Village: Once the lifts close for the evening and the stars are out, grab a pair of snowshoes and take a walk through the village. After your evening stroll, grab a steaming mug of hot chocolate fireside at the Chimney Corner Lounge.
- Movie Night:Sit back and relax with Christmas-themed family movie nights in the activities room.
At Sunshine Village, we work and play in the heart of Banff National Park, an area so special, it is part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Sunshine and Parks Canada work together to ensure snow sports have minimal impact on this unique location. Our employees, too, are actively encouraged to adopt an ethic of environmental stewardship and get the resources they need to make a difference.
Recent Environmental Awards:
- 2006 Silver Eagle Award for Excellence in Water Conservation
- 2006 The first resort in North America to be awarded the Responsible Tourism Award from Neilson Active Holidays
- 2008: Heritage Tourism Award by Banff Heritage Tourism for our unprecedented efforts to teach workers about the environmental uniqueness of Banff National Park